I finally managed to make some real progress on my Craftsy quiltalong backlog, and now these 4 are now finished, hurray!!!
I think the reason I got stuck was mostly that after making the first dresden plate all black, barring the one leaf, I was worried it didn't have any depth. Rather than make the other blocks, and come back to it, I stopped, and I
I've learnt quite a lot from these blocks, especially about the importance of an accurate quarter inch seam, and cutting pieces accurately. Some of the blocks have made me smile, and others have had me turning the air blue- but I honestly think it's a great way to learn new skills and techniques, and that is one of my favourite things. So, just a little curved and paper piecing, 4 blocks, and then next month I can put them all together. Easy peasy!