Monday 17 December 2012

Hand Quilting Query

After a concerted effort on hand quilting my hexy quilt, the first set of stitches are all done, and it means there is a chevron pattern running top to bottom on every other row of hexy's.  So, my question is, is that enough quilting to hold it?  I will quilt the flowers round the outside once the "binding" is done, but should I follow the same pattern on the in between hexy rows?

I had originally planned on doing the pattern on the right of the picture with the chevrons, and the stitch cross ways on the alternate block, but now I'm not so sure.
  
I think I'll give it a go and see what I think, but this is how it's looking so far, it's pretty hard to see as it's a variegated pink to red thread, but I kind of like that.


Don't stare at this too long, the spots will mesmerise you!
Ange x 


2 comments:

  1. Looking good. I would be tempted to do more stitching but in what pattern I am not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's enough- when you hand tie quilts it's even more minimal to hold them together...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments, so go ahead, say something, it really makes my day.......