Monday 4 March 2013

After The Goat Has Floated...

A new plan is afoot (or should that be ahoof!?!).  I am thinking I need *ahem* to make some more triple zippy pouches, but as I want to use QAYG, a new (to me) technique, I decided I will have to start with a single zip pouch, so I can see how the seams will work.  I've chosen some fabrics, a whole set of hand printed fabric scraps from 2 fabulous ladies of British printing, on the left the lovely Lu Summers, and the right is Sarah Waterhouse.  
Now I just need to remove myself from the sofa, which is easier said than done, oh well, it's a hard life!

Ange x

12 comments:

  1. I expect to see progress on Thursday. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fabrics from both too and LOVE them - have fun making the triple zip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. got some lovely prints there

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am contemplating a bit of QAYG too - never tried it but it seems a nice way to introduce myself to FMQ without the stress of a full-size quilt.

    Lurrrrve the hand-printed scraps - usually find that hand-printed fabric is that bit sturdier too so should be good for a pouch to hold its shape nicely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh such a tough life ;o) Beware if you use larger bits they have wonk tendencies with dense quilting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun with the QAYG. It is one of my favourite ways of using up scraps. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't quite grasp the QAYG technique. I need to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous fabrics, hope all goes well with the zip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Sarah Waterhouse's prints! This looks fun, something else to add to the list of "really,really want to tries". Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm scared of QAYG and can't see how anything other than log cabin can be done. Hoping for a class at the FQ retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely fabrics and great plans!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments, so go ahead, say something, it really makes my day.......