Friday 6 June 2014

It's been a while...

....since I managed to do any machine sewing.  Everything got a bit hectic with half term, preparations for the big 5th Birthday party (this weekend) and life.  So when I got to the machine I felt the need to progress this baby (it had been tormenting me from the sewing table for a few weeks).

A little bit of progress on my NY Circle of Flying Geese. #firsttimeatmysewingmachineinaweek :-(
And with a few hours work whilst little people ate, slept, coloured and danced around, I managed to get the first block complete, and quite frankly i'm rather chuffed with it.
Im thinking after a good press and block trim it won't look half so bad. @betteroffthread #thosecentrepiecesareabugger !
I have since removed the papers and given it a thorough press and it looks great (even if I do say so myself, and lets be honest, it's a great pattern- thanks to the talented Janice at Better Off Thread).  I'm really looking forward to selecting the fabrics for the next rainbow quarter block, but that will have to wait for now.

And so whilst I was on a roll I got my bum in gear and made the final block for my first year in Stitch Tease, and May's queen was the lovely Cindy.  She had selected barn blocks, including a completed 6 inch block, so I decided to do the non phallic version, (don't ask) and indulge my love of dots again. This was what I came up with from Lori Holts fab free pattern.
@cindylou327 all done except need to add my name and country, will do tomorrow. #stitchtease
The centre block is one from Lynne and Kerry's book, and is a version of a Broken Dishes block.

And then onto my final madness.  I decided to make party bags for the 20 kids joining us tomorrow- partly because awful weather is expected tomorrow and i figured they could decorate the bags to distract them from the torrential rain and thunderstorm  All I can say is I'm pleased they're all finished!!
Im getting extra mummy points for making party bags right?!?!
See you on the other side
Ange x


12 comments:

  1. Sorry, who are you again? ;o) Glad you went for the non-phallic version *ahem*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you are using for that top rainbow block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piecing! Can't believe you made that many party bags! Mucho respect and hope the party goes with a bang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet it felt good to get back to the macihine, I need to do the same.
    Have fun with the party, I'm sure the children will love the bags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the thunder, etc bypassed you like it did us. It's been sunny here since lunchtime so with luck you cold shoo all children outside to play in wet grass. Hope the party went well and Little Miss Five Year Old had a terrfic time. Loving the top block too. You should be chuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new york beauty block is amazing Ange! Still deciding what fabric to use for mine.
    Seriously can t believe you made that many party bags but they do look awesome and i bet they had a great time colouring them in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the party went well! Love your NY Beauty block that is happening. Now that I can paper piece, I might try my skills on one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the NYB block. I've got the pattern too, great minds and all that. Hope you enjoyed your jelly and ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  9. The NY Beauty block is fab Ange - I love the colours and LV you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please say you did musical chairs and all that jazz? I strategically avoided a 4th birthday party yesterday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your NY block looks amazing. How did the do go? Did you make them do things to keep yourself amused?

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, party bags, I thought I did well one year decorating brown paper bags.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments, so go ahead, say something, it really makes my day.......