I took my 3 almost finished travel sewing kits with me, all I needed to do was sew down the binding, which I managed to do today.
I kept them reasonably simple on the inside, a zippy pouch area on one side, and a needlebook and couple of pockets on the other with a loop and button to secure it (the button is covered with a fabric that says sew, sew)
I chose 3 different patterns for the front covers, the first is a paper pieced square in square- this one is also interfaced with Pelmet Vilene, but it felt a bit too cardboardy for my liking, so I didn't bother on the other two.
And the other two are English Paper Pieced blocks, the perfect little projects for the current bbq weather, as I have really enjoyed soaking up the sunshine, stitching them together, with a glass of Pimms (or two).
Each one is about 8 inches square, and hopefully big enough to carry around a little project for it's new owner for their travels or classes.
I didn't follow a particular pattern, as I decided to just wing it a little bit, but the basis is this pattern by Lots of Pink Here, this is the version I made last year.
But I also rather liked the Patchwork Please! embroidery pouch (like the one Hadley made, fabulous), so decided to freestyle it a bit.
I still have the Weekender to re-start/finish, and the Siblings Quilt, but there is still a week left, just a week, so I had better get my skates on- although their is talk of a certain man being away for work from Sunday, not that I'm planning any all nighters or anything, but you never know!!! :o)