Thursday 11 July 2013

Retreat Swap And A Play Date

Today I've been over to Susans for a heavy dose of nattering, some light sewing (lets be honest, we never get much done), and some fab choccie cake (she makes the best cake!).
All done @fatquarterly retreat swap.
I took my 3 almost finished travel sewing kits with me, all I needed to do was sew down the binding, which I managed to do today.

I kept them reasonably simple on the inside, a zippy pouch area on one side, and a needlebook and couple of pockets on the other with a loop and button to secure it (the button is covered with a fabric that says sew, sew)
And the inside, including zip pouch, pockets and needle book.
I chose 3 different patterns for the front covers, the first is a paper pieced square in square- this one is also interfaced with Pelmet Vilene, but it felt a bit too cardboardy for my liking, so I didn't bother on the other two.

And the other two are English Paper Pieced blocks, the perfect little projects for the current bbq weather, as I have really enjoyed soaking up the sunshine, stitching them together, with a glass of Pimms (or two).

Each one is about 8 inches square, and hopefully big enough to carry around a little project for it's new owner for their travels or classes.

I didn't follow a particular pattern, as I decided to just wing it a little bit, but the basis is this pattern by Lots of Pink Here, this is the version I made last year.
sewing needle case- travelSewing needle case- travel

But I also rather liked the Patchwork Please! embroidery pouch (like the one Hadley made, fabulous), so decided to freestyle it a bit.

I still have the Weekender to re-start/finish, and the Siblings Quilt, but there is still a week left, just a week, so I had better get my skates on- although their is talk of a certain man being away for work  from Sunday, not that I'm planning any all nighters or anything, but you never know!!! :o)

Ange x




19 comments:

  1. They look smashing - now get on with the quilt and bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to the fact that your swappies are brilliant! Just ate more cake here,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them - now I just need to do a bit of Trash bribing to make sure you are in my group ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the travel kits ......the bright colours on the grey background look fabulous. Thanks for sharing Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sewing kits are so cute! I love the fabrics you chose for each one, and how each one is a little different!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hanging on to see that Weekender finished ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! They are so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous! Now crack on with that Weekender, odd-job elves just don't exist you know (and oh how I wish they did!) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oi, what happened to inviting me along to the next one? I am starting to think you're avoiding me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a perfect visit and you finished some sewing as well! Looking forward to seeing the finished weekender.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fantastic swap items...very useful too. See you soonx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so lovely!!! Your swap-mates are going to adore them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. they are fantastic, I think I'm in love. Make another one and bring it to the next meeting so I can steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute sewing kits!! i really want to try a rainbow something one day.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments, so go ahead, say something, it really makes my day.......